Himachal Tourism Photoshoot Contest
Tourism department of Himachal has announced the Himachal Photoshoot Contest and winner of the contest will get two days and one night free stay at any hotel of Himachal Tourism. Anyone can participate in the contest.
This competition recognizes the outstanding use of photography to explore the hidden beauty of the State of Himachal Pradesh. All are welcome to participate in this competition.
The competition is divided into four categories. Nature, adventure, heritage, culture and religion tourism topics.
First four winners will get the opportunity to stay in any of the hotels of Himachal Tourism department, with one more person. Also there are many other exciting prizes to be won.
Photo Submission last date: 30 Sept 2013
Free Accommodation Period: From Jan 2014 to 31 Mar 2014
Cash Prizes of Contest
The first three places in each category will be awarded cash prizes as well.
First Prize: Rs 10000
Second Prize: Rs 7000
Third Prize: Rs 5000
Terms and conditions of Himachal Photo Contest
- You must submit digital photo (upto 5 mb in size), should be uploaded on Himachal Tourism website http://www.lmk.gov.in/hptourism.aspx
- Photos from any geographic location within Himachal Pradesh can be submitted. Photo submissions can be in color or black and white, and
must be digital photos in JPEG, GIF or PNG format. Himachal Tourism looks forward to receiving a broad range of photos, covering various
aspects of tourist interests in Himachal Pradesh. Let your imagination be your guide.
- Digital modifications are not allowed. No borders or frames may be added to images. No watermarks, signatures, or copyright notices may be added to images. Artistic filters are not permitted.
- Images can be cropped and rotated as necessary as long as the rectangular format is maintained and the size is within the specifications above. Images can be resized as long as the aspect ratio is maintained.
- Photos must be submitted by the original photographer. On submission, the participant agrees that photo submitted is not taken by someone other than the participant.
- All photos that comply with the contest rules will undergo a competitive process of confidential jury review. The jurors will evaluate and rank the photos according to their knowledge and experience. The judges’ decisions will be final in all respects.
- One can enter into the contest only once and can submit maximum 5 photos. Same photograph submitted repeatedly will be disqualified from the contest.
- Only the photographs submitted electronically through web form on our website will be accepted.
- Himachal Tourism reserves the right to reject any submitted photo. Photographs featuring any inappropriate material will be rejected. Himachal Tourism also reserves the right to reject photos that do not reflect the theme of the competition.
- The Himachal Tourism reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to change, modify, extend or reduce the terms and conditions of, or to suspend or terminate, the competition without prior notice.
- Himachal Tourism further reserves the right to nullify and/or cancel any part or all of the competition if it appears that any fraud or malfunctions have occurred in any form whatsoever.
- Each participant undertakes to indemnify and keep Himachal Tourism harmless from and against any loss, damage, claims, costs and expenses which may be incurred by or asserted against Himachal Tourism as a result of such participant’s participation in the competition.
- Participation and submission of the photograph grants Himachal Tourism the right to use the photograph in its media, website, marketing materials, upcoming books and films.
- The Department of Tourism shall have all the rights to use all the photographs of each category so submitted for the photography competition